Da Grind 2012 was another fantastic day or paddling and fun in the sunshine of Alki Beach. We had a good turnout from crews around the Pacific Northwest, and a new course record was set for our current Blake Island course. The weather was just as sunny as 2011, with a good north breeze pushing against an outgoing tide (which made for exciting conditions, especially for the women and mixed long course race).
Seattle Outrigger Canoe Club would like to extend a warm mahalo to all our participants and attendees, as well as course officials and volunteers. We anticipate that 2013 will be another fun-filled race!
- Women’s Open: BBOP: Jill’s Crew (2:03:11)
- Mixed Open: Hui Wa’a O Puget Sound (1:59:42)
- Men’s Open: Team PNW (1:35:01)
- Women’s Unlimited: Kikaha (2:07:30)
- Men’s Unlimited: Kikaha: Gordon/Dash (1:32:41) – course record